Often asked questions
Here's a list of our most asked questions. If you still can't find your answer, contact us on tlf. +47 38 05 87 87 or the contact form on the front page.
How do we get to Hamre Familiecamping?
– When you’re driving along E18 you follow the signs towards Kjevik (the airport) and Birkeland. After you take off the highway you drive for ca. 2 minutes and you will have the beach on your left side. Then you take a left at the first crossroad, and you will see our reception right away.
What are your opening hours?
– The reception is open from 08:00-23:00 every day in the summerseason. For the opening hours the rest of the year, contact us on phone or the contact form on the front page.
Is it possible to enter and leave the camping at any hour?
– The gate to Hamre Familiecamping is closed between 23:00-5:00. If you need to get in and out of the camping at this hour we have a very helpful nightguard that will open the gate for you. It’s important to bring your parking evidence with you.
How far away is Dyreparken (the zoo)?
– If you travel by car Dyreparken is only ca. 5 minutes away. There is no direct bus from Hamre to Dyreparken, but you can ask for travel time and bus changes in the reception. They can also help you with Taxi.
At what time is check in and check out?
– You can arrive at the camping at all hours, and check out before 15:00 on the departure day. For cabins and rooms check in is after 15:00, and check out before 11:00 on the departure day.
Do you have wireless network?
– Yes, we have free WIFI inmost of the area. You will recieve the password at check in.
How do we get help if someone is to be injured?
– We’ve got first aid kits at the reception that covers minor injuries. The nearest emergency room is Kristiansand Legevakt, ca. 10-15 minutes away by car. They can be reached at +47 38 07 69 00
What do I do if I arrive when it’s closed?
– If you arrive with a tent, caravan or mobile home in the summer vacation you can contact our night guard, and he will help you find a place. If you’ve ordered a cabin you call the reception in beforehand to make an agreement about your roomkey.
Are we aloud to bring our dog in the cabins?
– Yes, dogs are welcome here. The dog-fee is at 125kr for the entire stay. We appreciate that your dog doesn’t sit in the couch or beds, and that the owner keeps an eye on the dog so it doesn’t do any damage to the inventory. You find more information here.
What do I need to bring with me?
– All of our cabins have pillows and blankets, but not linen. If you don’t want to bring your own linen you can rent it at the reception for 125kr. Every set contains towels as well. The kitchenette in the cabins contains equipment for simple cooking. You will have to bring your own soap (shampoo/conditioner/hand soap).
Do I have to clean the cabin at check out?
– No. A mandatory cleaning fee (275kr) accrues to all orders. You only need to do the dishes and throw out your garbage, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Are we aloud to smoke inside the cabins?
No, none of them.
Do you have cots for rental?
– Yes, rental is 100kr for the entire stay. Please notify about this when you order you cabin.
Is it possible to grill at the camping?
– Yes, that is very popular at the camping, but because of the fire hazard with disposable grills they aren’t aloud to use in the camping. You can get more information here.
When is the silence hours?
– Between 23:00-08:00. Radio, TV, music instruments etc. have to be thoughtfully used. That means low volume during the day, and absolute silence during the night.
How do I get tokens for showers and washing machines?
– You buy this in the reception. There is an automat for showers ong the wall inside the reception, and these cost 20 kr each. You buy tokens for washers and dryers at the register, and cost 40 kr for washer, and 30 for dryer.
How do I empty the wastewater/chemical toilet?
– In the end of the camping by the garbage container you find the waste disposal. You find intructions for use at the area. This is free for all of our guests.
Can I use electricity?
– Yes. We’ve got power poles all over the area. Electricity costs 50kr per day, and you inform the receptionist of your electricity needs at check in.